Monday 5 June 2017

Ex-BBNaija Housemate, Bisola speak to Rubbin Minds, "says she had her child at 23 and not in secondary school"

Bisola Aiyeola, 1st runner up of Big BrotherNaija 2017, yesterday sat down with Ebuka for an interview on RubbinMinds.

She reacted to accusations of being a bully and having anger issues, also speaking upabout the stigma that comes with being a single mother.

On the anger and bullying accusations thatcame up during the show, Bisola said:"Those are not true statements. I try ad much as possible to let myself out when I'm upset because I've lived a number of years in my life bottling things in and it didn't do me any good. I walk around with this lump in my chest upset at somebody who doesn't even know that they upset me. So if you make me upset, I'll just let it out  and once it's dine, it's out there.

I do not like bullies personally, I have a couple of friends that I have stood up for in the past. When people were saying I was this, Iwas like maybe that was their own way of trying to make me look bad on the show. But I'm not a bully, I believe in standing up for yourself.

If you can defend yourself, justgo ahead and defend yourself because nobody else will defend you netter than yourself. I'm not a bully and maybe I talk a lot because I'm a bit expressive and it's something I learnt in the latter part of my life and I do not regret it."On the standards being used by people to judge single mothers, would it have been different if she was a guy? Bisola replied;"It definitely would have been different. There's a stigma attached to single mothers, especially if you have a child out of wedlock. You're judged.

A lot of people actually said to me that they thought I had my child while I was in secondary school. Iwas like no, I was a grown woman. I was 23 year old when I had her. They kind of make it seem like the whole world is against you. It's now up to the woman to bring herself up and I have an amazing family. My mum has always been on my side. If I was a guy, I would be celebrated more."

No comments:

Post a Comment