Thursday 16 March 2017

Former BBNaija2017 Finally Accept Her Marriage - Gifty

Former Big Brother Naija 2017 housemate has finally come clean to accept her marriage to a one David Sorochukwu Akumah who happens to be a Nollywood Movie director.

Initially Gifty had denied over and over that she was married but finally agreed during a recent interview with Nigeria’s Hip TV.

You need to remember that after Gifty was evicted from the Big Brother Naija house she denied being married which prompted a man who identified himself as Augustine Akuma and claimed to be a cousin to her supposed husband to release photos from the Gifty’s wedding few years back and accused the former housemate of deceiving her fans.

But in an interview with Nigeria’s Hip TV yesterday, Gifty said the marriage was a dark part of her life admitting that she got married at 19 and noted that, “the union was not legally bound”. READ!
“I will say it right now in here that the marriage issue was kinda real. I was once married and it’s a dark part of my life that I don’t want to ever go back,” she said.

Gifty also in her ‘heartbreaking’ message, She advised young women to be adequately prepared before going into marriage.

“First of all, my advice to every young woman out there is that before you go into marriage, you have to be physically, mentally, emotionally and psychologically matured because I was naive,” she added.

“I was 19, I didn’t know what the whole marriage thing was all about. It felt like entering into adulthood.

“The marriage was just traditionally recognised. We didn’t do court wedding, it was not legal. Although we did a white wedding, the bride price was returned. What I experienced, I don’t wish anyone to experience. I passed through a lot. People out there judge me because they don’t even know what I’ve been through.”

No comments:

Post a Comment